Veneers Gold Coast QLD
Recreate the natural look of your teeth with porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers provide a great cosmetic solution, with the potential to enhance the complete look of your smile and avoid the use of orthodontics.
Porcelain veneers can be successfully used to correct:
- Cracked, chipped or damaged teeth
- Gaps between teeth
So what are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that recreate the look of your smile and natural teeth. They also provide extra strength and protection similar to what is offered by original tooth enamel.
The veneer itself consists of thin ceramic strips with an attached adhesive layer which replaces the original tooth enamel. A small part of the tooth enamel is removed to allow the veneer to sit flush. The veneer is attached to the tooth with a light-sensitive resin which is hardened using a special curing light.
As veneers are specifically sculpted to fit each individual smile, once fitted to a tooth, it’s almost impossible to tell it apart from an original tooth. The range of benefits associated with veneers include:
- Providing a quick fix solution to minor gaps, twists and blemishes
- Unlike natural teeth, veneers can resist staining and damaging materials
- For teeth that resist whitening agents, veneers are able to brighten the colour of teeth and provide a permanently white smile
- They can strengthen weak or teeth with minor damage
To Note: Any dental procedure carries risks which also may depend on your general health. This will be discussed with you prior to any dental intervention.
Before proceeding you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner such as your dentist or your doctor.